Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Widow's Tithe

My friends, I am taking a moment to give my absolute thanks to you wonderful folks who have, and are, supporting this family.

Every day (or two or three or four) a check comes in, or a gift card, a set of movie tickets, a day's work or a word of encouragement. I can't even decide which is the most valuable except that God has moved on your hearts and you have responded, which makes every gift as valuable as the next.

I know times are so difficult for many of us. And even though some of us are doing better than others, our budgets have never been tighter for all of us.

And yet...you give.

Some of you I know and some of you are complete strangers to me.

And yet...you give.

Some of you have enough to eat and some of you do not; some have jobs and some are jobless; some are healthy and others suffer.

And yet...you give.

Some have no time to spend reading these blogs and responding with encouragement and advice.

And yet...you give.

Jesus was watching in the Temple as all the people put their tithes and offerings into the box. Up came a widow who put in out of her poverty. She came away the richest of them all with a blessing from the Lord.

I tell you, my family has been that offering box and ALL OF YOU have put in your offerings. I could never have asked for more love than what each of you has shown us.

Luk 21:1 NKJV - And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. So He said, "Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty put in all the livelihood that she had."

I ask our holy God to return to your heads 100 times what you have given us.

And He is the God to do it.

~Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment