Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Two Beautiful Girls

I spend most of my day sweating and getting dirty and incurring new cuts, bruises and aches.

And then...

...I come home.

I come home to two incredibly wonderful girls who are 4 and 9 years old. They come bounding out of the house when they hear my car pull up. Each one runs up for a hug, their blond hair flying. They both eagerly jockey for my attention and their day spills out of their excited lips until I get all mixed up trying to figure out which one held the class dog, which one voted in their school elections and which one made a new friend today.

We quickly consume a yummy dinner and then each one wants to play outside, do a science experiment or swing on the swing hanging on our pine tree.

I'm telling you, the world may be falling apart around me in many ways, but THIS is the way to end the day.

Love,
Daddy

1 comment: