Sunday, September 13, 2009

Out of Control

Nuts.

I thought we had a solution to our foreclosure process. It seemed good, it seemed it was from God and it seemed doable. But no...it's not going to happen. Then I had a recommendation from senior management from a major company and it produced nothing. In short order.

Nuts.

I have zero control over losing my house right now. And when I sit down and think about the packing and the moving and the "oh-my-we-may-only have-weeks-to-do-this-when-the-notice-comes" fear, I just sit down frozen. How do I talk to my children? How do I comfort my wife? How do I tell my friends?

Lord, I don't know how to do this. I've never lost anything this big before. I lost my Dad to cancer, but I knew your plan for him was better than his staying here. And I miss my Dad so much. So I guess you must have a better plan for my family than I can imagine.

Some people think that because I have a smile on, that I don't hurt from all this. It's not true at all. I find my happiness in many moments each day that make me smile such as a sunny day at the beach with my girls or a yummy chili dinner or a day's work.

It is true that I have a peace that surpasses all understanding. But that does not mean I am not scared, confused and hurting. I just trust God that He is still at work (Rom 8:28 NKJV - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to [His] purpose).

So Lord, I am on my face. Please hear my prayer:

[Mat 26:39 NKJV] - "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You [will]."


And Your response is:

Phl 4:6 NKJV - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.



In trust,
Son Jack

1 comment: