Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Beautiful Day

So it's been a day after our interview on NBC and I am beginning to realize that I just aired out some incredibly intimate details about my family on TV: And I cried; and I had tousled hair by the end of the interview; and my wife was in a hospital gown being placed in a large tube all the while talking about her breast cancer.

It's almost like one of those bad dreams where you end up in your underwear in front of your schoolmates.

And then people called me saying they cried as they watched the show. Or they sobbed...or were inspired...or were encouraged...or learned about God in a new way.

Suddenly, I'm not in a bad dream anymore. I begin to see some purpose in what is happening. The bad dream turns into a beautiful day.

This morning I found this Scripture:

Luk 21:12 NKJV - You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony.

So I humbly thank God for His never leaving me nor forsaking me. And I thank Him for the people He has touched.

Jack

3 comments:

  1. You guys did such a beautiful job on the interview! I continue to pray daily for God's miracles for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a touching interview, don't ever feel exposed or embarrassed. it is a story everyone needs to hear as there are so many people going through these struggles. have you thought about writing a book about your experiences this last year from the christian perspective? you have a talent for writing and it might be a good catharsis.

    ReplyDelete