Monday, August 24, 2009

Today I am a ...

What am I today, God?

He answers...
"Today you are a handyman."

What will I be tomorrow, God?
"It's not for you to know tomorrow, Jack."

But God, I am an Operations Manager, capable of leading people and caring for them in business.
"Yes you have done these things, but today you are a handyman."

But God, I've got living expenses and a mortgage and children and a father-in-law and my Debbie and health care bills and..."
"Yes, but today you are a handyman."

But God, things don't look so good prospect wise for a job in my old line of work. I keep looking every day and just tonight I submitted three more resumes and ...
"True, but today I have called you to do certain things for me. And I want you to be a good steward with what I've given you so I can give you more next time. So. Today you are a handyman."

But God I need more tools and more skills and more knowledge to be a good handyman for you today!
"[Mat 6:33 NKJV] - ...seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

God?
"Yes?"

Can I still call myself an Operations Manager?
"Yes, Jack. But today..."

I know God, I know...today I am a handyman!
"You got it. Now go be a good handyman."

Thank you, God! Thank you for not forgetting me and my family. Thank you.

Jack

1 comment:

  1. He has carved you in the palm of His hand. He won't forget!
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete