Thursday, August 20, 2009

An Exceptional Woman

I am married to an exceptional woman. Yesterday she culminated this rotten year by putting aside 17 months of craziness to stand in front of 800 people at the American Cancer Society "Strides" kick-off.

I watched Debbie speak and cry and laugh and I watched 800 people do the same. Afterwards people came to her and stood in line to be comforted and to offer comfort.

Her presence on stage filled people with hope and her testimony about miracles in dark times inspired so many.

In the written program at each table, there were many speakers listed, many of them with big fancy titles and a string of letters after their names such as MD, PhD, etc.

My Debbie's title was, "An Exceptional Woman".

They are right.

Jack

2 comments:

  1. I love that!! Debbie, I am so proud of you! I always knew you were exceptional! I know God used you in ways you don't even know that day! I'm glad you had the courage to do this!

    ReplyDelete