Friday, July 31, 2009

Breadcrumbs and Rat Pee

I was incredibly moved by my friend's blog yesterday (http://www.laurashooksblog.blogspot.com/). In it Laura describes her 98 year old grandmother as beginning nearly every journal entry with, "It was a beautiful day...".

Man, Grandma got it right. "It is a beautiful day". Yesterday I went to work as a handyman: "it was a beautiful day". Then the bank said we have at least another month in our home because of Arnold's moratorium on foreclosures; we don't qualify for that extension per the rules, but I guess God plays by His own rules: "it was a beautiful day". And I spent two hours working in the hot sun with scratched up arms amidst a bunch of rat pee and poop: "it was a beautiful day."

God keeps tossing us breadcrumbs (such as a day's work and the extension) and rat pee doesn't bother me. Is not God the same in both situations? Lam 3:38 NKJV - [Is it] not from the mouth of the Most High That woe and well-being proceed?

I am learning bit by bit [Phl 4:11 NKJV] - ... in whatever state I am, to be content"

So...I agree, Grandma! It was a beautiful day.

Jack

1 comment:

  1. Love you guys! We are praising God with you for a day of work and another month in your house. We pray daily for God's miracles in your lives. And please tell Debbie, that, yes, we are going to celebrate our 100th birthdays together in big style!!

    ReplyDelete