Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Two Worlds Made One

I am so blessed and I am so torn.

God has delivered me...to two worlds.

I daily live here on earth. And yet I simultaneously live in Him.

I am so torn, yet I am so blessed.

~

My job is going very well. Yet it requires all my thoughts for most of my day. I am finding favor among people and for that I am incredibly grateful. But it is not my skill set that is accomplishing the job, but an entire career of experiences that God has carefully orchestrated for dozens of years to get me to this point.

So every moment I am torn between pride and humility, between a cold heart and one that remembers my first love, between self dependence and total dependence.

God multiplies my thoughts. Where I as a human only have enough brain cells to operate in this world for this job, He doubles those brain cells so I can simultaneously live in this world and yet not be part of it. I hear the words of my boss and instantly hear the words of my Lord. I am glad in the successes I have and concurrently rejoice in Him who gives them.

I have new understanding and appreciation for the Scripture:

Rom 12:2 NKJV - ...do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Transform me, Lord. Transform me.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment